Iv collected my 5x4 transparency from palm labs the exposure has come out well but I have lost light due to the long bellows needed to get the focus on the screwdriver resulting in non of the back light being caught on the transparency.

The side lighting has done well to create depth with in the image but the focus plane is slightly off due to the angle the pen was hanging at. I did try and alter the focus plain but found this difficult under the lighting i had set up. 

Photography of transparency 


if i was to reshoot the image alterations i would make are:

  • Have a stronger back light, either by moving it closer or giving it more power
  • Get the focus plane to match the screwdriver, this can be achieved by using the movements on the camera or hanging the screwdriver straight. 
  • Use a fill light instead of the reflector so i have more control over the light 
  • is a larger ƒ. to get a larger depth of field. 

I did find the 5x4 camera hard to set up but the quality of this image is worth the effort, i would like reshoot this to try and achieve the look I had with my digital test shots allowing me to compare the two.

0 comments

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Get In Touch

Flickr Photostream

Facebook

© 2013 Kris Bentham Photography is designed by Templateify